Friday, January 4, 2008

Contests for Publicity

I am finishing up a successful campaign using a contest to generate publicity.

For The Sling Station, I came up with the idea to host a "Beautiful Babywearing" photo contest. We chose four categories:

Most Artistic
Best Baby Smile (see the winning photo - isn't she cute?)
Most Creative Location
Cutest Child Wearer

For the contest announcement, one newspaper and four bloggers announced the contest.

We received more than 40 entries!

When the winners were selected, I sent all of their hometown papers a press release and the winning photo. Three of the four hometown papers ran the winning photo and press release! Papers from all over the country: North Carolina, Illinois and Hawaii! All three papers ran my client's websites.

I'm very thankful this was a successful publicity campaign!

1 comment:

Tara said...

I LOVE this picture with the horse, the mama, and the babe. That smile on the little one's face!