Thursday, January 7, 2010

You know you're a WAHM

Marcie Carson, Principal and Creative Director, IE Design + Communications

Author of the blog, womoments.com.

Co-Author of a future book working motherhood (http://www.womobook.com/) These girls are right on when describing the "master multitaskers" that are working moms! I'm thinking of submitting my own "mom word" for their WoMo Glossary.

I'm sure most WAHMs work when the kiddos are asleep, but sometimes, when the inspiration hits, we just gotta get to that computer and quickly bust it out. It's not always that easy to do and Marcie shares this funny, "You Know You're A WAHM" story:

"It's usually much easier to write after the wee ones are in bed, but I'm
inspired and the kiddos appear to be entertaining themselves quite well.

So, I'm going to go for itŠ ooop, well, see here we go, hold on a sec.Š (5:10)

Didn't think that would happen so fast, but no worries, they needed help
with a pen cap. (5:12)

So, I was saying, inspired, yes! I went into Pete's this morning whoops, sorry, just a minute. There's screaming. (5:18)

Alright, I'm back. 3-year old was crumpling 7-year old's masterpiece. Boy,
is he pissed.

Anyway, I was getting a coffeeŠ ARGH! What now? (5:35) OK.

Nothing alarming, older one was sitting on younger one's face. It happens
all the time.

Soooo, I forgot where I was. Oh, yes, I'm walking into Starbucks, wait, no. It was Pete¹s. I was running into Pete's and this guyŠ.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! Back, forth, back aaaaaand forth. (6:04)

I'm back. Not a problem. I'm getting a little confused (and winded), but
they're fine.

Back to my story. Something about running late for coffee.

Can you hear that? Is that a soccer ball hitting?Š oh, uhoh, crying.

Sooooo sorry. One second. (6:30)

Yes, that was a tad longer than one second. I had to take the clothes out of the dryer.

So, as I was saying, I'm running with coffee and and there's this guy named PeteŠ oh, crapola, what time is it?

I need to go make dinner."

Thanks Marcie! I can definitely relate to this one!

Do you have a "You Know You're a Work at Home Mom" story? Email it to me for consideration! lori at lbpublicrelations dot com.

No comments: