Monday, March 24, 2008

You Know You're a WAHM & Media Hit

You know you're a WAHM when you're trying to get your kid's shoes on and head out to Walgreen's when the phone rings. It's a reporter wanting to interview your client for a news story!

Woo hoo!

This will be the 4th media hit for me for my Ali Cardaropoli/Fairhill School pitch.

I do PR for Solare Spa and Cafe in Frisco. The owner, Rosanne, really believes in me and my work. She's an incredibly generous lady. Anyway, her daughter attends Fairhill and is in the drama department. Stay with me....Rosanne is very impressed with the drama instructor and wanted me to try and get some PR for her.

Well the drama instructor is a wonderfully hard working and dedicated teacher. Great woman. But in media terms, so what? Not much media meat there. So when I found out that one of the other drama students, Ali, couldn't read 5 years ago, and is now going to be her class Valedictorian, the media bells began chiming. To tie it all back to the drama teacher, Ali recently wrote and directed her own play which will be performed at the Eisemann Theatre on April 10.

The Dallas Morning News did a wonderful story on Ali and it ran on the front page of the Metro section on Easter Sunday. Two community newspapers are running a story I wrote about Ali and the latest call was from Plano Star Courier who will interview Ali and her mom for their story.

I am honored to have been able to pitch Ali and her inspirational story. Click here to read the Dallas Morning News article: Plano teen overcomes learning disabilities to graduate as valedictorian

No comments: