Paul Gillian, social media expert, recently posted a great blog called "In Defense of Blogging."
Here are a few points that I really liked:
*The blog is the Swiss army knife of social media. Simple to use and easy to update, it accommodates every type of media: words, images, video and sound.
* Blog entries can be of Twitter-like brevity or can go on for thousands of words.
* Content can be displayed in a wide variety of formats and designs.
* Visitors don’t have to register to read.
* Blogs rock on search engine performance.
* For businesses, blogs provide a critical element of control. They’re the social media equivalent of speaking to an audience.
* Blogs are the building block of nearly every form of social media. They are the tool you need to master in order to understand the rich nuances of other media that are available to you.
Visit Paul's blog to read the full article to learn how blogs are becoming more and more useful.