Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

NAME: Lori Bittenbender

POSITION: Work-from-home-mom. Publicist. Public relations freelancer.

COMPANY & URL: Lori Bittenbender Public Relations www.lbpublicrelations.com

BEST ADVICE YOUR MOM EVER GAVE YOU THAT YOU NOW USE IN YOUR PROFESSIONAL LIFE: “The work will always be there tomorrow.”

A SITUATION AT WORK THAT YOU THINK YOU HANDLED LIKE A MOTHER - GOOD OR BAD: No particular situation comes to mind. Like a mom, I keep an organized to-list for all my projects. I am patient yet persistent when my clients are too busy to call me back.

HOW DOES BEING A MOM HELP YOU AT WORK? I have compassion for clients when their kids are sick. Being a work-from-home mom, I know I can’t get everything on my to-do list accomplished in one day so I prioritize and tackle the major items first.

HOW DOES WORKING HELP YOU AS A MOM? It gives me another sense of fulfillment. I enjoy writing and get to write press releases, articles and pitch letters for my clients. I enjoy being creative and appreciate brainstorming publicity ideas. I enjoy a “media high” when I get my clients in the news.

Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments: