Here's a great story about Kendall Shiffler, who spends hours each day on blogs, Facebook and Twitter.
It's her job as social media maven for Lower Oak Lawn, a new residential and retail development in Dallas' Design District between the Trinity River and Interstate 35 East.
I do similar work for my clients and am their "voice" on social media pages.
Quoted from the article, "Small businesses have lagged in using social media because they don't have the staff or time," said Janet Wagner, director of the University of Maryland's Center for Excellence in Service. That's changing: A study by the center found the use of social media by small firms doubled to 24 percent last year in the U.S.
Reporter Sheryl Jean shares these tips for small businesses:
1. Know your target audience or customer.
2. Develop a social media marketing strategy.
3. Make sure your website or blog has the best search engine optimization.
4. Find the right voice for your business.
5. Join Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
6. Join Linkedin and other professional networking sites.
7. Start a company or personal blog.
8. Integrate social media into your traditional marketing.
9. Research what your competitors are doing.
10. Address negative feedback immediately. Don't ignore it.
Dallas developer devotes staffer full time to blog and tweet | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Dallas Business News
Posted using ShareThis